Post new topic   Reply to topic    Learn it Live it Love it Forum Index -> Raiding
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we change mondays raid night to thursday?
Yes
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dont mind
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

Keeni
GM
Forum Lurker

re: Raid nights

So since lately the attendance to raids has started to decline specially on mondays I have been wondering it a small change would work better.

What I was thinking is we have our main raid nights as Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. 7.30pm st till 11.30pm st.

This would then also give us an optional raid night of Monday if people are online.

Please answer on the poll or add your comments.

icenymph

im honestly fine with any night just let me know

Forum Spammer

I dont know, i guess im good with anything. Tbh i want to get in the 12 hours a week of raiding, not 6 hours like last week....
so w/e works i suppose,

Another option is to raid 4 nights a week for 3 hours instead, what do u guys think of this? Same mount of hours or will it feel like too much? it means we could start an hour later, meaning gorgz can make it on mondays, and also means styrkaar wont have training conflicting with raiding.
IlidtheRogue
Initiate
Forum Regular

I'm honestly finding it hard enough to raid this much as it is. With study, work, gigs and other social life it gets pretty busy for me. The only nights i don't have to attend other stuff, are nights i raid. So no nights off or me =\ Which means, thursdays, i work. So no can do for me. I'm fine either way, but a change would definitely effect my attendance.

Forum Lurker

i dont mind either way thursday would be a better night for me however it has only really happened once that we have had a fucked week of attendance

these things will happen unfortunately its either try to minimise it as much as possible with the people we have or having to recruit more. while recruiting more just brings on a whole nother lvl of problems maybe getting people to use the raid forums more often i know i talk about my previous guilds alot but suck it up cos here come some more...
channel 4 newsteam use a raid signup on the forums they use the calendar as well but the forum is the main sheet if you didnt sign up on the forums and you did on the calendar people who signed on the forums were taken over you...
this will also give people a chance to say hey i will be late or i wont make it etc it helps minimise the oh shit that persons not online and helps us organise who we need to pug and if someone cant make it often maybe we need to recruit someone else even though i dont feel we are at this stage as we have a good bunch of people Happy

my paragraphs are fucked but i just trying to break it up so its not a wall of text XD

the way things are going atm we will probably have the option of not raiding for as long or for as many days as we are going really well but meh and ive written so much i cant remember wat ive covered and havent so ima finish it there XD

Wednesdays and Thursdays are the best nights for me.

Obviously you know I will often be late on mondays, and sometimes won't be able to make it at all, 8:30 is probably a more reasonable time.

Sundays, i'm okay with, but sometimes i get pretty tired then, it's the end of the weekend, i often just want to chillax.

As for raidnig 4 nights a week, i think that would reduce people's attendance even more, as it opens up more times when certain people can't make it. It also would probably burn me out quite a lot, raiding wednesdays, thursday, sunday, and monday, that's a lot of raiding, even if we would drop the hours down to 3.

What I personally would like to see, is perhaps Wednesday/thursday be our progression/farm latest content, and then perhaps sunday/monday an optional night for messing around on, with say playing in some old content, running ruby sanctum now that it's live etc, just more of a relaxing time playing with friends, not worrying too much about progression.

One last not on punctuality, if somebody is 5-10 mins late, let it go, this can happen, if somebody is 5-10 mins late consistently, then question why that may be, RL things come up, it happens, and they're always more important than WoW, I've already stated that I may be late mondays by about an hour, and i'm greatful that you guys have agreed to wait for me, i will of course let you know prior to the raid if i cannot make it at all, i'm a strong believer of this. And since i brought it up, people need to let someone know they can't make it/might be a little late. If you can't make it, decline the invite in the calendar, that's all it takes, raids are in there, a couple weeks in advance, so you have ample time to sign up, plus, it's avaliable online through the armory, so if you don't have access to WoW, but can get online, you can do it that way.

These are just my thoughts, unfortunately, there is probably no solution that best fits us ALL, we just have to find the one that best fits the majority of us.

icenymph

To be honest, i think the raiding time should be kept as it is and you recruit more people to take the place of the ones that dont make it...
Dont lose sight of the guilds vision and what you intended it to be.
You wanted a 10 man semi serious raiding guild, yet friendly and casual.
you are never going to find times that suit everyone .. its not up to the guild to find times to suit everyone its up to the players to find guilds with times that suit them!
And you are honestly achieving this, the guild is fun and friendly and casual and when it comes to raiding we r semi serious! .. it does work!
Its a game, real life takes precedence, someone is always not going to be able to make it.
IMO any less raiding time will be crap... especially in Cat when all the new raids are out. Remember ..Semi serious raiding... stick to your plan for cat.
Recruit more people and use the forums to sign up to raids it will save you so much stress ... people should be signed up 24 hours in advanced they can sign up as tentative or unable to make it.. at least it will be there in black and white and make the raid leaders job a million times easier... than not knowing minutes before hand. And if people dont use forums calander to sign up to raids then dont give them raider rank...simple.....Seriously its an awesome guild.. Stop thinking you have to conform to your players set your times and stick to it. eventually you'll find 10 core semi serious raiders that sign up and show up every raid.. come on.. free repairs , free buff food, cheap as hell pots and flasks! raiding with LLL is virtually free for raiders! If you want progression, especially in the new expansion you have to be semi serious raiding.... And thats what u wanted ... progression when its relevant.

Forum Regular

I can't really disagree with anything that with either Gorgs or Jess has just said. Making that third night a more "casual" (for lack of a better word) night, does sound great to me but in the end the decision is yours. As Jess said, it is up to the raiders to find guilds that suit them, not the other way around and tbh we're really not far from being 100% there.

I'm loving the way things are going at the moment and ofcourse, if a change is needed or wanted then you have my full support and i hope that i am able to participate in that! Happy

Oh yeah and a mate told me the Lich King was slagging off our mothers the other day so i think it's about time we show him who's boss.

Forum Spammer

Good posts all, jess says many things i agree with, and sorry gorgzy but im rlly interested in progression, meaning 3 nights of proper raiding, rather then 2 and a fun night. HOWEVER a fun night will bne awesome, we can set a day like saturday for some PvP action some old school raids and what not, it will be very fun. But im keen to leave it at 3 raiding nights.

Ive been very pushy on lateness and attendance since we started raiding, and for thta im sorry, but with just 10 core members, and untill recently savage as a backup, its rlly annoying to get to raid time then find out u need to pug.

If meds wants to i would like to implement my roster that ive put up. It would mean less stress if you cant make a raid, and we can start at raiding time without you.

As for raid times, It's strict for a reason, if your not on before 7:30st we have no idea if you will be on any time soon, Think of it as 7.15st and we pull at 7:30st. otherwise its going to be 8:00 before we replace those cant show.

Thanx all :D
Sterilised
Initiate
Forum Lurker

definetly keep it at 3 nights progression a week and when we start getting icc down in 1 or 2 nights then we should be doing hardmodes on the first 2 days and the last one switch back to normal and quickly clear the rest.. imo

because other guilds ive been in have gone " yeh we will farm normal for a week then we will do hardmodes" well that week never ends and it never happens we need a gameplan the only way you can atk hardmodes before new content catches up is to do them as soon as possible and im definetly keen for that.

Icc is choose a heroic boss as you move along, so i would say for our first week we will attempt as many bosses as we can on hardmode, and if we dont get anywhere close to clearing em in 4-5 attempts we will clear them on normal mode, from there on we will now what were up against and how long to spend on a heroic boss.
Sterilised
Initiate
Forum Lurker

yeh i get how the heroic mode works in icc but however i dont want it to end up like "oh hes to hard lets never do it again"

no way, only way to progress is to stick with it. but since level of difficutly of hardmodes doesnt start with easiest and progress harder, i think it would be good to see what we can tackle first, then when we have a bit more confidence we can spend more time on a harder boss, and still know we can go and clear the rest on heroic or normal. in saying that first 4 i think we will be able to handle from what ive heard, saurfang may take a while, but being able to farm him for tokens will be leet.
Sterilised
Initiate
Forum Lurker

fuck yeh farming tokens on 10 man ftw everyone will be in sanct in no time and offspec sanct XD win

Mistlore wrote:
Icc is choose a heroic boss as you move along, so i would say for our first week we will attempt as many bosses as we can on hardmode, and if we dont get anywhere close to clearing em in 4-5 attempts we will clear them on normal mode, from there on we will now what were up against and how long to spend on a heroic boss.

I agree with this, run in with our axes out and battle cry's to the hard modes, but take it slow, if we try a hard mode boss and after 5-10 attempts we're getting nowhere, switch to normal and move onto the next hard mode boss.

After a while we will soon know just which bosses we need to work on and which ones we can smash on heroic.

Perhaps is we did this on wednesdays and sundays, then just did what we have left on normal for mondays so we can get to the lich king and clear it.

All WotLK raid content is released, there will be nothing more until cataclysm, so we have plenty of time to have some fun and hopefully clear some hard-modes.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Learn it Live it Love it Forum Index -> Raiding All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: