Post new topic   Reply to topic    Learn it Live it Love it Forum Index -> Raiding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sterilised
Initiate
Forum Lurker

re: UH Difficulty rating: [2] : I Choose You, Steelbreaker

Difficulty rating: [2] : I Choose You, Steelbreaker - [Iron Council]

I hope you enjoyed Sartharion /w 3 drakes, because here it comes again in a new form but completely different in abilities and damage based on who you kill first and second. Remember in OS, you would kill Tenebron -> Shadron -> Vesperon and that the drakes don't get any buff from killing any of the drakes but Sartharion does. The catch here is you can choose to kill either Runemaster Molgeim or Stormcaller Brundir - there are achievements for leaving one of these two up last but this is considered the hardest of the 3.
Because this achievement is for leaving SB last, I will only explain what happens if you kill either Runemaster or Stormcaller first and ultimately what to expect and compare it to either leaving the other 2 last in terms of damage/raid awareness etc.
With all 3 of the dwarves up, SB himself has Fusion Punch and the High Voltage aura, also if he is hit with a Rune of Power by Molgeim, he hits for much harder.
If you choose to kill Molgeim first, you don't have to worry about SB getting runes, but you also don't get the buff associated from the rune if friendlies were to stand in it.
If you choose to kill Brundir first, you don't have to worry about interrupts on his Chain Lightning.
As soon as your raid kills one of the Iron Council members, SB will gain Static Disruption which is pretty much like a void zone + 75% increase in nature damage debuff except lasts longer. Leaving Brundir up with Steelbreaker means missing an interrupt on Brundir could be fatal and leaving Molgeim up with SB means Fusion Punches will hit for a crapton if the tank stands within a Static Disruption, up to this point this is pretty much avoidable but could gimp you if you aren't awake.
Next you have either Brundir OR Molgeim left to kill to qualify for the achievement, once the 2nd dwarf is killed, get ready to hold onto your hats!
SB gains 2 more abilities which is equivalent to an enrage timer. The first one is Overwhelming Power, which is similar to Burning Adrenaline from Vael for those that remember. I do not know the specifics when he casts this but as you can imagine it has to be regular intervals and you can not go on forever with members dying one by one. The second ability he gains is Electrical Charge for EVERY member that dies.
Now, this means at a certain point people will be dropping like flies faster then you can count by twos and tie your shoes. Along with his Lightning damage aura, Fusion Punch, Static Disruption - you will be in a world of hurt. You can not have more then 2 people to die during this time or it is impossible to bear once 2 dwarves are dead, he heals per raid death (20%). The raid damage taken is insane, as you can see once any of these inconvenience happens, it goes down hill.
Remember that killing any dwarf heals the others to full regardless if you are doing the achievement or not.
To condense the above into a few words - kill Brundir 1st and Molgeim 2nd and prepare for tank cooldowns and lots of raid damage.

Jump to: